Featured Image: Advertisement for the Thoroughbred Stallion ‘Toss’ at Glendon in 1828. This was placed in the Sydney Monitor, 9th August 1828.
The Scott Brothers at ‘Glendon’, near Patrick Plains (Singleton) were almost first on the scene when it came to breeding good equine bloodstock in the colony. Brian Russell reports that Peter Macintyre brought ‘Crawford’ with him slightly earlier; perhaps in 1927 when he set up on his own account at Kayuga, Muswellbrook.
‘Dover’ was another very good sire imported by the Scott Brothers. Keith Binney has written extensively in minute detail about much of this in his excellent treatise ‘Horsemen of the First Frontier 1788 – 1900’.