Scone Hospital Centenary 1834 – 1934 Arthur Smith Memorial “Back to Scone Week”
7 – 8 – 9 – 10th March 1934 Official Souvenir ….. 2/6
These were six key figures in the later ‘evolution’ of the three Hospitals in Scone; eventually concluding with the construction of the Scott Memorial Hospital on its present site.
Mr Stafford (‘Lucerne’, Segenhoe), Mr Doyle (‘Invermien’) and Mr Cook (‘Turanville’) were men of the land. Mr Sherwood was a former Mayor of Scone at a critical time. The “Back To Scone Week” was a Memorial Tribute to Mr Arthur Smith who ran ‘The Scone Advocate’. Dr H J H Scott was a Doctor and ex-Captain of the Australian Test Cricket Side. He died tragically young in 1910 from Typhus. The Scott Memorial Hospital was named in his honour.